Hey, have you heard? Email marketing is a great way to grow
Email marketing - you seem to either love it or hate it.
I personally love it. From experience I have found that most people who don’t like it are actually scared of it or don’t know a lot about it. So I am here to rectify some of that.
Here are 5 reasons why email marketing is a great way to grow your service based business.
1. Email marketing and social media can go hand in hand. A lot of people claim it is either or, but I believe they can be besties! Your social media following is a great way to talk to a lot of people who fit your ideal client profile. This is a great way to engage with potential clients and also other business people. I love social media as a tool for learning. When people subscribe to your email list, they are doing so because they want to hear from you - they have opted in. This means you can talk to them without having to worry about algorithms or hashtag research etc.
2. Email marketing is a great way to increase traffic to your website. At the end of each email I always include a CTA (call to action). Linking my email marketing subscribers back to a helpful blog on my website (such as this one) is a easy way to get people on to your website. The hope then being they like what they see, and explore more of the site. This is why it is important to have a strong sense of continuity across all your marketing platforms.
3. Email marketing is a great way to build rapport and a relationship with your potential clients. When people subscribe to my lead magnet (a year’s worth of Monday Motivational quotes), they are automatically entered into a 5 day lead generation sequence. Part of that sequence is talking about ‘my story’ and how ALN Marketing came about. I talk a lot about my personal life in my emails as I find it is a great way to connect with others. Plus, if anyone else is like me, then they’re nosey and like to hear about your life!
4. Email marketing helps you to become the ‘go to’. Hear me out, say you are a Copywriter specialising in blog writing for business coaches, then you’ll probably have a fair amount of business coaches subscribed to your emails. Even if they are not looking for a Copywriter right now, they may be in the future. If you are popping up in their emails each week writing engaging and valuable content - constantly reminding them in a multitude of subtle and unsubtle ways that you are a Copywriter for business coaches blogs - then who are they going to think about when they need some help with their blog writing? You!!
5. Finally, email marketing is super easy to use! With 98% of people checking their email inboxes everyday, email marketing is a cost effective and easy way to reach your audience. Email marketing doesn’t require you to hire someone to set it up, or require extensive technical knowledge (trust me, if I can do it then you can!). Most email marketing servers will have templates for you to follow, the words are what matter most! In summary, email marketing is a cheap and effective way to grow your business and reach current, past and potential customers.
Did you find this blog helpful? If so, pass it on. Share it on social media and tag @ALN_Marketing or email it to a friend! You can subscribe to my weekly email list ‘The Passion Pursuit’ here and join my free Facebook community for creative businesswomen here. In the coming month I will be releasing more email marketing slots - you can find out more information about what I offer and prices here.